.NET Framework June 2021 Cumulative Update Preview
Today, we are releasing the June 2021 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework for Windows 10, version 1809, Windows Server 2019, and Windows 10, version 1909.
Quality and Reliability
This release contains the following quality and reliability improvements.
- Addresses a regression introduced in previous updates. We now honor WinTrust policy setting “Ignore timestamp revocation checks” setting when validating timestamps in ClickOnce manifests.
- When the process is not under high memory pressure it tends to favor doing BGCs over doing full compacting GCs. This is usually desirable but if the app behavior changes dramatically, it could cause much of the fragmentation in older generations (ie, gen2 and LOH) to be unused. You can collect GC ETW events which tell you how much fragmentation there is in gen2 and LOH and verify if you are in this situation.
- Addresses an issue in Property Grid control to prevent incorrect data read in some scenarios in 64 bit processes.
- Addresses an issue where System.Drawing double frees allocated memory when failing to get printer settings.
- Addresses an issue affecting a DataGrid contained in an outer ScrollViewer.
- Addresses a crash due to ElementNotAvailableException in a ListView with custom data-item automation peers.
1 Common Language Runtime (CLR) 2 Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
The Cumulative Update Preview is available via Windows Update and Microsoft Update Catalog.
You can get the update via the Microsoft Update Catalog.
**Note**: Customers that rely on Windows Update and Windows Server Update Services will automatically receive the .NET Framework version-specific updates. Advanced system administrators can also take use of the below direct Microsoft Update Catalog download links to .NET Framework-specific updates. Before applying these updates, please ensure that you carefully review the .NET Framework version applicability, to ensure that you only install updates on systems where they apply.
The following table is for Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016+ versions.
|Product Version||Cumulative Update|
|Windows 10 1909|
|.NET Framework 3.5, 4.8||Catalog||5003539|
|Windows 10 1809 (October 2018 Update) and Windows Server 2019||5003857|
|.NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2||Catalog||5003541|
|.NET Framework 3.5, 4.8||Catalog||5003538|
Previous Monthly Rollups
The last few .NET Framework Monthly updates are listed below for your convenience:
- .NET Framework June 2021 Security and Quality Rollup Updates
- .NET Framework May 2021 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10, versions 2004, 20H2, 21H1
- .NET Framework May 2021 Cumulative Update Preview
- .NET Framework May 2021 Security and Quality Rollup Updates
The post .NET Framework June 2021 Cumulative Update Preview appeared first on .NET Blog.