Helping Working Moms Shine at Adobe and at Home
For the third year in a row, Adobe has earned a place on the annual Working Mother 100 Best Companies list in the U.S. and, for the first time, we earned a place on the India Working Mother and Avtar 100 Best Companies for Women list.
The lists recognize companies focusing on inclusive benefits for families, including gender-neutral parental leave and gradual phase-back programs after leave, which we call the Welcome Back program.
Kay Matsuo Recognized as a U.S. 2019 Working Mother of the Year
We’re also excited to share that Kay Matsuo, Sr. Director of Buying Programs and Pricing Operations, Finance, has been recognized as a U.S. 2019 Working Mother of the Year and will be honored at the Working Mother Gala in October.
Kay joined Adobe 16 years ago and has held various positions throughout her tenure. Eight years ago, she and her husband Brian welcomed their son Koh. Working at Adobe, Kay had the flexibility she needed to care for her son, who has recently been diagnosed as special needs. Whether it’s having to leave work suddenly to pick her son up early from school, attending last-minute appointments with specialists, or scheduling meetings to accommodate her son’s routine, she always was comforted in the security of her job.
Not only did the flexibility benefit her, but she was able to set an example for her team and fellow employees to know that they’ll never be penalized for putting family first. “Although it wasn’t my original intent, I’m happy to be an example to other employees to utilize Adobe’s flexible schedule options to take care of their families,” she shared. “When employees feel that they can be their full selves, which for some includes being parents juggling the needs of their kids along with work, they are happier and more productive.”
In addition to our flexible schedule options, Kay was able to take advantage of our parental leave, has used Adobe’s dependent care and back-up care options, and has leveraged out-of-network benefits for specialist visits through her Aetna medical plan.
Donna Morris, Adobe’s Chief Human Resources Officer and EVP of Employee Experience, recently shared some exciting benefits enhancements including increased fertility coverage, more robust benefits for same-sex partners, and expanded parental leave. Whether our employees are taking care of a new child or another family member, we offer benefits to help.
- Enhanced Parental Leave: Earlier this year, we extended full paid time off for the birth or adoption of a child to 16 weeks for all eligible U.S. employees. In EMEA, we’re working to align maternity/paternity and primary/non-primary caregiver leave benefits to match those in the U.S.
- Welcome Back Program: Introduced in 2017 and available globally, the Welcome Back program offers resources to employees and managers to facilitate a seamless transition back to work after an extended leave.
- Adoption, Fertility, and Surrogacy Support: We offer family planning benefits to support you on your journey. In 2019, we tripled our U.S. fertility drug lifetime coverage from $20,000 to $60,000, and in Canada, we increased lifetime fertility drug coverage from $5,000 to $20,000.
- Adobe Work & Life Program: A consolidation of our time-off policies, wellbeing programs, and flexible schedule options is available to help employees integrate their professional and personal lives.
Families are important at Adobe, which is why we’re proud to offer exciting benefits and foster an environment that allows employees to take care of themselves and their loved ones.
Learn more about how we take care of families and read these inspiring stories!
- Michael Harmon’s Journey to Adopt Milo
- Adobe a Best Workplace for Parents and Alissa’s Success Story